Now that I’ve met my goal of posting weekly for one year, I am at a crossroads. A few friends have wondered how long I’m going to keep “piddling around” here on WordPress. Admittedly, my tiny blog has not rocketed me into literary fame and fortune. But in my defense, I think a lot more has gone on here than just piddling. For instance:
1) This is the longest string of journal entries I have ever written
2) It is eternally preserved in the cloud for everyone’s reading pleasure
3) My non-techie self was able to learn and master WordPress. Go, me!
4) I now know I can bust through writer’s block and meet a deadline
5) I’ve gotten to share stories and memories with family and friends
6) I’ve met awesome bloggers from all over the world
7) I’ve found many interesting blogs that I will continue to follow
8) I’ve been nominated for blogging awards
9) I have more than doubled my number of followers in just one year
10) Best of all, I’ve gotten lots of ordinary people to like poetry, probably many who faithfully read these pages only to humor me
You’ve got to admit, that’s a heck of a nice list of accomplishments. That said, I think the time has come to move on and use what I have learned here to conquer my other writing goals. I plan to keep my site, for the ease of viewing other blogs on WordPress Reader. A big thanks to all my regulars, especially those who left comments and words of encouragement. Who knows? I may revive JJ42 after a long winter’s nap, so keep me on the radar. 10-4, good buddies, over and out.
Have a comment? Click HERE to share it!